Introduction

I love going to movies and I always eat swedish fish candy while there. The two seem to go well together!

I have created this blog out of request from my friends and family. Many people know I see at least one movie a week and will ask me for a recommendation. This blog will be my "average Joe movie goer" thoughts on movies I have seen.

I usually go to the movies by myself. I love the experience of getting my refreshments(including swedish fish), finding my favorite place to sit, and just sitting back and getting lost in the action.

From time-to-time, I do take one of my kids or my wife. Where applicable, I will add their comments in my movie blogs.

I hope you find my reviews helpful as you are trying to pick your next movie experience

Saturday, November 29, 2008





Transporter 3

It would be hard to deliver a sequel to the original Transporter let alone two. However, I have enjoyed Jason Statham playing the role of Frank Martin (Ex-Special Forces) in all three Transporter movies. I would even say I liked Transporter 3 better than the second installment of the series. Transporter 3 brings back a lot of the original flare of the movie because it is set in various European countries (as opposed to Miami, Florida in Transporter 2). Jason Statham is the perfect actor for this role. He is a good combination of a bad-ass fighter and a likeable guy. I like that his character (Frank Martin) does not take himself too serious and is basically good. Jason does all of his own fight and car chase stunts. It was interesting that in most of the fight scenes he gets his jacket/shirt torn off. This will surely play to the female movie goers. The male audience will enjoy the intense driving. In one scene, he drives his Audi on two wheels between parallel semi tractor trailer trucks. Besides extreme fight scenes and car chases, the Transporter series is linked together by Frank Martin’s relationship with French Inspector Tarconi and quirky leading ladies. In the first movie, Frank is being investigated by Tarconi. In the third Transporter, the movie opens with both of them fishing together. I guess their relationship has evolved! The leading lady, in Transporter 3, is played by Natalya Rudakova. As far as I can tell, this is her first time on the silver screen. She does a good job of being this movie’s strange leading lady for Frank. Transporter 3 is good fun and has something for everyone. The content should be ok for most ages with both men and women enjoying it.

No comments: