Introduction

I love going to movies and I always eat swedish fish candy while there. The two seem to go well together!

I have created this blog out of request from my friends and family. Many people know I see at least one movie a week and will ask me for a recommendation. This blog will be my "average Joe movie goer" thoughts on movies I have seen.

I usually go to the movies by myself. I love the experience of getting my refreshments(including swedish fish), finding my favorite place to sit, and just sitting back and getting lost in the action.

From time-to-time, I do take one of my kids or my wife. Where applicable, I will add their comments in my movie blogs.

I hope you find my reviews helpful as you are trying to pick your next movie experience

Friday, November 21, 2008



Quantum of Solace(James Bond)

I have never been a big fan of the James Bond series but I went to see this one because I was told it resembled the Jason Bourne movies(i.e. The Bourne Identity). The problem is Daniel Craig(James Bond) is no Matt Damon(Jason Bourne). Also, this James was much more dark and troubled than the James Bond of the 70’s(Roger Moore). As expected, good car chase scenes and a few “Bond girls” to bring in the over 40 male crowd. The plot does take several twists and turns and if you don’t watch carefully you can get a little lost. But as with any blockbuster movie, the director ties it all together in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you are not a Bond fan, I will let slide the brevity of your review... note that Sean Connery started the series we know today and his character was developed as a blend of tough and sophisticated. Most of the later Bond actors were given roles to focus on the sophisticated side. Craig is pushing the character in the other direction... I think it is a welcome change. The comparison to the Bourne series I think is only relevant to younger audiences who don't have the framework of Sean Connery's early portrayal. Not the best Bond film of all time but as you note, good action and a decent plot put together an enjoyable experience