Introduction

I love going to movies and I always eat swedish fish candy while there. The two seem to go well together!

I have created this blog out of request from my friends and family. Many people know I see at least one movie a week and will ask me for a recommendation. This blog will be my "average Joe movie goer" thoughts on movies I have seen.

I usually go to the movies by myself. I love the experience of getting my refreshments(including swedish fish), finding my favorite place to sit, and just sitting back and getting lost in the action.

From time-to-time, I do take one of my kids or my wife. Where applicable, I will add their comments in my movie blogs.

I hope you find my reviews helpful as you are trying to pick your next movie experience

Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Love you, man!


I Love you, Man!
As Peter Klaven(played by Paul Rudd) prepares for his wedding to Zooey(played by Rashida Jones) he realizes that he has no one to be his best man(usually reserved for your best friend). This motivates him to go “shopping” for someone to play this role. His process for finding a best friend resembles that of finding a soul mate. This leads to the kissing of some frogs (both figuratively and literally!) Like dating, when you least expect it, your “intended” will appear. Peter finds kinship in the likes of Sydney Fife(played by Jason Segel) Jason Segel is hilarious as usually. Jason (who also started in “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and “Knocked up”) has no trouble carrying the movie. Because Peter never had a best friend(or many guy fiends for that matter) growing up, he does not know the vocabulary and mannerisms of the average American Neanderthal male. Learning to talk and act like a guy puts Peter into some funny scenes. It is not surprising that the king of male testosterone (Lou Ferrigno/The Incredible Hulk) makes several cameos in the movie. As an added bonus, Peter and his new best friend Sydney share a love of the 70’s rock group RUSH. They go to a RUSH concert that features their hit “Limelight”. The movie earns its “R” rating due to its dialog. A must see for any guy that enjoys poking fun at the strange things guys do and say.

1 comment:

Scott R. Kline said...

This movie may feature one of the most awkward toasts ever in a movie. And there have been plenty. This one is very funny though. I thought this movie was a blast.