Introduction

I love going to movies and I always eat swedish fish candy while there. The two seem to go well together!

I have created this blog out of request from my friends and family. Many people know I see at least one movie a week and will ask me for a recommendation. This blog will be my "average Joe movie goer" thoughts on movies I have seen.

I usually go to the movies by myself. I love the experience of getting my refreshments(including swedish fish), finding my favorite place to sit, and just sitting back and getting lost in the action.

From time-to-time, I do take one of my kids or my wife. Where applicable, I will add their comments in my movie blogs.

I hope you find my reviews helpful as you are trying to pick your next movie experience

Tuesday, February 3, 2009


Milk

Milk is the true story about Harvey Milk and takes place in the Castro District of San Francisco in the 70’s. Harvey Milk was California's first openly gay elected official. He held the office of San Francisco Supervisor. At first glance, you might think this is a movie about gay rights. You would be right but it is about much more. It is about human rights. It is about living a meaningful life and it is about being brave and doing what’s right. Sean Penn and James Franco did an awesome job as Harvey Milk and Harvey’s gay lover respectively. Although the love scenes were uncomfortable, it added realism to the movie. That being said, it is “R” rated for a reason and is not appropriate for younger kids. Because it is a true story, we all know that Harvey Milk(and San Francisco Mayor George Moscone) is shot and killed by another San Francisco supervisor-Dan White. For those of you that are too young to remember seeing this on the TV News in 1979, Google the term “Twinkie Defense”. It will make you think twice about consuming mass quantities of junk food high in sugar!

No comments: