Introduction

I love going to movies and I always eat swedish fish candy while there. The two seem to go well together!

I have created this blog out of request from my friends and family. Many people know I see at least one movie a week and will ask me for a recommendation. This blog will be my "average Joe movie goer" thoughts on movies I have seen.

I usually go to the movies by myself. I love the experience of getting my refreshments(including swedish fish), finding my favorite place to sit, and just sitting back and getting lost in the action.

From time-to-time, I do take one of my kids or my wife. Where applicable, I will add their comments in my movie blogs.

I hope you find my reviews helpful as you are trying to pick your next movie experience

Saturday, April 11, 2009


Sunshine Cleaner

Life is messy. We make our choices and live with the consequences, Sometimes our choices lead to “Game over”. Sometimes our actions and their outcomes are part of a bigger story yet to be told. Rose Lorkowski(played by Amy Adams) with little choices in front of her decides to “cash in” on the lucrative business of crime scene cleanup. In need of a partner, she drags her younger sister Norah into the business(played by British actress Emily Blunt). The business causes them to intersect with people’s life’s when things are at the worst for their clients. Rose deals with the horrific crime scenes by believing she is helping others. The interaction between the two sisters is well done. I hope to see the actresses that played them in another movie together. Alan Arkin plays the girl’s father; an off-beat salesmen/peddler. If you like him this movie make sure you see Alan in “{Little Miss Sunshine”(2006). As a black comedy, this movie will not appeal to movie goers just looking for some laughs. (The crime scenes get a little gross). However, the characters are very real and the story line is interesting and thought provoking.

No comments: