Introduction

I love going to movies and I always eat swedish fish candy while there. The two seem to go well together!

I have created this blog out of request from my friends and family. Many people know I see at least one movie a week and will ask me for a recommendation. This blog will be my "average Joe movie goer" thoughts on movies I have seen.

I usually go to the movies by myself. I love the experience of getting my refreshments(including swedish fish), finding my favorite place to sit, and just sitting back and getting lost in the action.

From time-to-time, I do take one of my kids or my wife. Where applicable, I will add their comments in my movie blogs.

I hope you find my reviews helpful as you are trying to pick your next movie experience

Sunday, March 29, 2009


Knowing

What if you knew when and where a disaster was going to happen? What if you were told the date of your death? How would you live the last moments of your life if you could predict the total destruction of the world? These are the questions put before us in the movie “Knowing” staring Nicholas Cage. I happen to be a big fan of Nicholas Cage and have seen most of his movies (looking for a good Nic Cage rental try Matchstick Men 2003) However, I don’t expect Nic to “knock one out of the park” like a Tom Hanks. His performance in “Know” was consistence with my expectations. Two supporting actors in this movie also did a great job-Chandler Canterbury(who plays Nicholas’ son Caleb Koestler) and Lara Robinson. Lara plays both the disturbed school kid of 1959 and her present day grandchild. Parents should pay attention to the PG-13 rating of this movie. In my movie theater, one mother brought her 8 year old daughter and spent most of the movie sitting in the lobby. Today’s special effects can seem very real!

No comments: