Introduction

I love going to movies and I always eat swedish fish candy while there. The two seem to go well together!

I have created this blog out of request from my friends and family. Many people know I see at least one movie a week and will ask me for a recommendation. This blog will be my "average Joe movie goer" thoughts on movies I have seen.

I usually go to the movies by myself. I love the experience of getting my refreshments(including swedish fish), finding my favorite place to sit, and just sitting back and getting lost in the action.

From time-to-time, I do take one of my kids or my wife. Where applicable, I will add their comments in my movie blogs.

I hope you find my reviews helpful as you are trying to pick your next movie experience

Sunday, February 8, 2009


Push

Like many movies before it, Push uses the “humans with special powers” formula to entertain its audience. Set in Hong Kong, Push introduces us to: Watchers(can see the future), Pushers(can influence your thoughts), Movers(can move objects with their mind), and several others. I especially liked the scenes containing both the good and bad characters possessing the same special power. The result is both physical and mental warfare. Dakota Fanning plays the main character(Cassie Holmes) and is the big star in the movie. She did a great job and I look forward to seeing her in many future mature roles. A wide age range of viewers will enjoy this movie. The younger viewer will appreciate the special effects and the older viewers (like me) will enjoy the plot. One test of a good movie is its ability to bring you back for a sequel. The writers leave that door open and I believe I would go see it.

1 comment:

Scott R. Kline said...

I wanted to see Push. Too late now. Go see Taken. Pretty good.